To protect our patients, families, friends, and Team Members during flu season, Memorial University Medical Center (MUMC) is modifying its family presence policies. These changes apply to all patient care areas at MUMC.
Beginning January 24, MUMC will implement the following guidelines:
- Individuals who are experiencing cold symptoms should not enter any patient care areas at MUMC. All family members and friends should be healthy. No one with flu-like symptoms will be permitted in patient rooms. Flu-like symptoms include fever, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, or upset stomach.
- If you are not experiencing cold symptoms, family and friends over age 18 are welcome in the patient care areas at MUMC.
- Family and friends under age 18 should not enter any patient care areas at MUMC unless special arrangements have been made in advance. To make these arrangements, please talk to your nurse.
- Please have no more than two family members and friends per patient in the room at any time.
- Family members and friends should wash their hands thoroughly or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting a patient’s room or patient care area.
- To reduce the spread of influenza, it is recommended that individuals receive a flu vaccine.
We appreciate your support as we take these additional steps to protect our patients.