Job Code: 26960-7375
Days (rotating weekends)
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider a new Respiratory Therapist opportunity with Memorial University Medical Center, committed to building a health community across the greater Savannah are. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center, the region's only children's hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Memorial Health proudly serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We’d love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world.
Benefits: As an HCA employee you'll receive competitive compensation, full benefits to include health, life, dental and vision, 401k with employer match, PTO, tuition reimbursement of up to $5250 annually, student loan repayment, employee stock purchase plan and more ... along with a huge opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful healthcare corporations in the country.
We are searching for a Registered Respiratory Therapist for a full-time, day shift position. PRN and night shift opportunities are also available.
Essential Core Functions: Responsible for the proper and safe administration of respiratory care including:
- Intermittent and continuous therapy
- Blood gas sampling and analysis
- Mechanical ventilation
- Airway management and non-invasive oxygen and carbon dioxide monitoring of newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist in the state of Georgia.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider BCLS Certified within 6 months of employment.
- Children’s RT requires NRP and Pals (preferred)
- 1 year of experience (preferred)
- Respiratory Therapy students currently enrolled in an accredited program may be hired as Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) prior to obtaining their Georgia license. All students must have a license by their graduation date to work as an RRT. RRT’s assigned primarily to Children’s RT, must have NRP and PALS within 6 months completion of orientation. They must have intubation competency and be able to participate in neonatal transports within 2 years.
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our mission: above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. To learn more about all the exciting things happening at Memorial Health, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKvwi8LIGFc.
Last Edited: 02/05/2019
Apply for this job