To request or change an appointment, call (912) 350-2299.
Types of Surgeries
- Cancer surgery (melanoma and other cancers of the head and neck, oral cancers, and throat cancers)
- Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Larynx (voice box) tumors
- Laser surgery for head and neck tumors
- Neck tumors
- Parathyroid tumors
- Partial laryngeal surgery
- Robotic-assisted surgery for mouth, throat, and larynx tumors
- Salivary gland issues
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Thyroid tumors
- Trans-oral laser microsurgery
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Voice and swallowing dysfunction
When to Contact a Head and Neck Surgeon
There are a variety of symptoms that may require the expertise of a head and neck surgeon. Some of the more common symptoms include:
- A sore throat or cough that does not go away
- A lump in the neck or the sensation of a lump in the throat
- Hoarseness or voice change
- Frequent choking on food or pain when swallowing
- Ear pain that does not go away
- Trouble breathing or noisy breathing
- A lip or mouth sore that does not heal
- A white or red patch or lump on the gums, tongue, or lining of the mouth
- Unusual numbness or pain in the mouth, jaw, or neck
- Weight loss, excessive perspiration, nervousness, or heart palpitations that have no known explanation
- Unexplained changes in your hair or skin
Location and Office Hours
Dr. Petruzzelli’s office is located in the Curtis and Elizabeth Anderson Cancer Institute at Memorial Health University Medical Center, 4700 Waters Avenue, Savannah, Georgia.
To reach our office, enter the hospital campus at Waters Avenue and 63rd Street. Veer left and follow the main road to the second stop sign. Turn right. The ACI is the second building on the right. Free parking is available in front of the building.
Our office hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Appointments must be scheduled in advance. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please give us a 24-hour notice so that we may accommodate other patients.