Contact us with any questions you may have: (912) 350-2646
Neurosurgery refers to surgery on the body’s nervous system, especially the brain, skull, spine, and spinal cord. The Memorial Health Neurosurgery Center in Savannah, Georgia, cares for both children and adults. We specialize in spinal injuries or deformities, trauma care, stroke care, aneurysm repair, congenital brain issues, fluid buildup around the brain, head or spinal cord injuries, and tumors within the nervous system. We are part of the award-winning Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) and our neurosurgery procedures are performed in one of the 30+ surgical suites at MHUMC.
Our exceptional team includes the region’s only children’s neurosurgeon, fellowship-trained surgeons, specially trained nurses, physical and occupational therapists, pharmacists, and case managers.
It is our privilege to care for you or your loved ones. We will work closely with you to ensure the best results and your overall satisfaction.
For Patients & Caregivers
Neurosurgery refers to surgery on the body’s nervous system, especially the brain, skull, spine, and spinal cord. The Memorial Health Neurosurgery Center specializes in spinal injuries or deformities, trauma care, stroke care, aneurysm repair, congenital brain issues, fluid buildup around the brain, head or spinal cord injuries, and tumors within the nervous system. Our expert team includes fellowship trained neurosurgeons and the region’s only pediatric neurosurgeon.
We understand that being referred for neurosurgery can be frightening. Rest assured that we are with you every step of the way. We invite you to explore our website, learn about our services, and meet our outstanding surgeons.
Why Choose Us
The compassionate team at Memorial Health Neurosurgery will guide you through the surgical process and answer any questions you have. While you’re here, we treat you with dignity and respect, share information with you, and allow you and your family to be involved in your care. Our highly trained surgeons and specially certified nurses follow evidence-based guidelines that lead to the best possible outcomes.
There are many things that set us apart from other neurosurgery programs, including:
- Physician leadership in the form of designated physician champions who helped to develop our program.
- A dedicated team of operating room nurses and technicians who work only on neurosurgery cases.
- The nurses who care for you after surgery are certified in emergency neurological life support (ENLS). To earn ENLS, they must complete in-depth training and pass a rigorous exam. The certification improves patient care and outcomes in the critical hours following neurosurgery.
- A commitment to patient and family centered care.
- We hold disease-specific certification in spine surgery from The Joint Commission. In 2017, we were ranked in the Top 100 in the Nation for Medical Excellence in spinal fusion and spinal surgery by CareChex® -- an information service of Quantros, Inc. CareChex also ranked us in the Top 100 in the Nation for Patient Safety for major neurosurgery.
While You Are Here
When you arrive at Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) for your procedure, you can park for free in one of our on-site parking decks or designated patient spaces.
You will prepare for your procedure in our pre-surgery area. Your procedure will be performed in a leading-edge surgical suite at MHUMC. After your procedure, you will rest and recover in our post-anesthesia care unit.
Your care and comfort are important to us. If you experience any concerns or pain, please tell your nurse immediately so that we can help.
A responsible adult must wait for you on-site during your procedure. While waiting, guests are invited to visit our coffee shop, café, gourmet sandwich shop, gift shop, ATM, or vending machine area.
Please note that smoking is not permitted on any MHUMC property, inside or outside.