A cancer diagnosis is frightening and overwhelming. At the Memorial Health Curtis and Elizabeth Anderson Cancer Institute, we understand and we want to help. Our nurse navigators guide families through the cancer treatment, recovery, and healing process.
Your nurse navigator will:
- Provide information to help you fully understand your diagnosis and treatment options.
- Work with your doctors, nurses, and other members of your treatment team to ensure coordination of services and quality care.
- Oversee and coordinate your care throughout the treatment process. This includes helping you schedule appointments, finding the services you need, and more.
- Provide support and information for you and your family.
- Help you to become an active participant in your care and maintain positive coping skills.
- Your nurse navigator will meet with you early in the treatment process and provide her contact information.
If you are not assigned a nurse navigator, call (912) 350-8874
Our Nurse Navigators
- Vivian Palefsky, MSN, R.N., OCN, nurse navigator manager, gynecologic cancer nurse navigator
- Althea Gaitor, BSN, R.N., OCN, diagnostic breast nurse navigator
- Ninette (Nettie) Giuseffi, BSN, R.N., breast cancer nurse navigator
- Margaret Brown, MSN, R.N., OCN, lung, brain, head and neck cancer nurse navigator
- Suzanne Bryan, BSN, R.N., OCN, blood, colorectal, and esophageal cancer nurse navigator.