The Memorial Health Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital of Savannah welcomes volunteers who want to give their time to help others. Our volunteers possess the following qualities:
- Enjoy working with children and families, and have the sensitivity and strength to work with families facing very difficult situations
- Are committed working at least 40 hours per year
- Are over the age of 18 (we also have opportunities for teenage volunteers)
- Are flexible
- Are willing to get a little silly and have fun
To learn more about volunteering at the Children's Hospital, call (912) 350-8332
Volunteer opportunities within the Memorial Health Willett Children’s Hospital include:
- Playroom: Provide supervision and safe fun within the pediatric playroom and at the bedside. Volunteers are needed Monday through Saturday for three to four hours at a time.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery: Assist the team in providing comfort care for parents and infants in the neonatal intensive care nursery.
- Reach Out and Read Program: Assist with monthly reading activities for children in the hospital and the outpatient center. Volunteers are needed Monday through Friday for three to four hours at a time.
- Children’s Outreach Programs: Support outreach programs such as our Toy Lending Library and our COPES for Kids program. Volunteers are needed Monday through Friday for three to four hours at a time.
For those interested in other volunteer opportunities, please visit our general volunteer and teen volunteer pages for more information.