For more information about our speech language pathology services, call (912) 350-8306.
Speech and language pathologists at Memorial Health Outpatient Rehab offer a variety of services to help people coping with speech or swallowing disorders following an accident or injury. We work with patients and their loved ones to set goals and achieve maximum results. Our services include:
- Therapy for adults who have suffered a stroke that resulted in a residual disorder in language comprehension and expression, reading comprehension, written language formulation, or quality/distinctness of speech production.
- Cognitive retraining for individuals who have had a stroke or brain injury. Since these types of injuries may influence thought organization, memory, reasoning, and judgment, therapy assists in the management of personal and financial affairs and independent living skills.
- Swallowing evaluation and treatment for patients with neurological and anatomical disorders. These patients often have had a stroke, brain injury, or oral/pharyngeal cancer.
- Voice therapy for chronic hoarseness, vocal nodules, vocal polyps, or other types of dysphonia.
- Care and treatment of the laryngectomy patient. This may include electronic voice aid instruction, esophageal speech, and tracheo-esophageal puncture.
- Care and treatment for people who have had a supraglottic laryngectomy and now have voice and swallowing disorders.