Don't let back pain rob your quality of life. See what our experienced team can do for you.
Welcome to the Memorial Health Spine Center. Spine surgery may be an option for you if you experience back or neck pain that is so severe, it disrupts your quality of life.
Spine surgery may also be necessary if you have broken or cracked vertebrae, damaged or slipped discs, spinal tumors, or a spinal deformity such as scoliosis.
At Memorial Health University Medical Center, our experienced team offers both surgical and non-surgical treatment options for a variety of conditions. Our goal is to help you get back to a fulfilling, productive life.
Memorial Health Spine is a center for spine surgery and the treatment of spine conditions. We proudly offer comprehensive surgical and non-surgical options to bring relief to people suffering from back and neck pain.
It is important for people undergoing spine surgery to have a clear understanding of the surgical process, preparation, and recovery. At Memorial Health Spine, we have found that well-informed patients and families are key to a successful surgery. Our pre-surgical class prepares patients and families for surgery and introduces them to our interdisciplinary care team, including the surgical team, specially trained nurses, physical and occupational therapists, pharmacists, dietitians, case managers, and a care coordinator.
Memorial Health Spine is part of the award-winning Memorial Health University Medical Center. We will work closely with you to ensure the best results and your overall satisfaction.
Pre-surgical classes are held every Wednesday and Friday at 10:00am Call (912) 350-0186 for more information.
Why Choose Us?
At the Memorial Health Spine Center, our compassionate team will guide you through the surgical process. We offer educational materials, online videos, and pre-surgical classes to answer any questions you have. While you’re here, we treat you with dignity and respect, share information with you, and allow you and your family to be involved in your care. Our highly trained surgeons, certified nurses, and therapists follow evidence-based guidelines that lead to the best possible outcomes. We understand that spine surgery is a major undertaking for you and your family, and we will be with you every step of the way.
There are many things that set us apart from other spine surgery programs, including:
- Physician leadership in the form of designated physician champions who helped to develop our program.
- Recognition from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, CareChex®, and The Joint Commission.
- An interdisciplinary team of professionals dedicated solely to meeting the needs of our spine surgery patients.
- A commitment to patient and family centered care.
- A detailed data collection system to track long-term results and ensure the very best outcomes.
- A quarterly scorecard that tells us how well we're following evidence-based medicine and proven clinical guidelines.
- A commitment to research and testing new techniques to establish the most effective spine surgery treatment.
- Success stories from real people whose lives have been changed by spine surgery.