The Memorial Health Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital of Savannah offers volunteer opportunities for teens who want to get involved in the community. Our teen volunteers engage in community projects, leadership activities, fundraising events, and assisting patients and families.
Teen Volunteer Service Committee
The Teen Volunteer Service Committee consists of local teens, 16 years and older, who dedicate their time to volunteer within the Memorial Health Willett Children’s Hospital.
The Teen Volunteer Service Committee’s mission is to assist in providing for the developmental and emotional needs of pediatric patients and their families at the Memorial Health Willett Children’s Hospital through patient interactions, community events, and fundraising. Through this committee, selected teenagers develop leadership and team-building skills while providing a valuable service in the community.
Teen Volunteer Service Committee applicants should be:
- 16 years of age or older at time of application.
- Committed to completing 10 hours of volunteer service with the Memorial Health Willett Children’s Hospital every three months for a minimum of one year.
- Able to complete all paperwork required by Memorial Health's volunteer services department, including presenting proof of a current tuberculosis skin test and flu immunization within 30 days of initial application.
To become part of the Teen Volunteer Service Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (912) 350-8332.
Teen Advisory Board
Our Teen Advisory Board is made up of teens and patients who serve as advisers to the Memorial Health Willett Children’s Hospital. The advisory board provides a unique perspective regarding education, programming, and hospital- related services that impact adolescent patients.
The Teen Advisory Board’s mission is to improve the understanding and communication between the Memorial Health Willett Children’s Hospital team and teenage patients as well as to improve the quality of services offered to teenage patients and families at the Memorial Health Willett Children’s Hospital.
The Teen Advisory Board consists of 15 teenagers who have demonstrated excellence in leadership and community service. Members participate in meetings, fundraising events, and volunteer opportunities. They also help with projects, publications, programming,and other services affecting teens in the hospital.
Apply for the Board
Teen Advisory Board applications are accepted every year in April and May. Qualified applications should be:
- Rising juniors in high school.
- Able to commit to 12 months of service and a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer hours at the Memorial Health Willett Children’s Hospital.
For an application, contact email@example.com.