The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia, provides excellent clinical, academic, and practice opportunities for physicians seeking to begin a successful career in internal medicine. Residents who graduate from our program are strong candidates for positions in outpatient practice, hospitalist positions, and traditional primary care. Many also decide to further their education through subspecialty training.
Features of our program include:
- Preparation for both academic and clinical practice; all graduates have found practice opportunities and approximately 20 percent have entered fellowship training.
- Strong core clinical faculty, outstanding 1:1 faculty/resident interaction.
- On-site Mercer University School of Medicine where residents, faculty, and students are actively involved in education.
- Off-campus rotations at both subspecialists' and general internists' offices.
- Opportunity to participate in original research and drug trials, consistent award-winning resident research and clinical vignette presentations at state and national meetings.
- Resident-driven quality committees facilitating streamlined learning environment.
- Five-year accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- Night team system on general medicine for PGY-1, PGY-2, and PGY-3 residents.
- Built-in moonlighting opportunities for PGY-2 and PGY-3 residents.
- Exciting, active, team-based learning initiative.