At Memorial Health Meadows Hospital, our volunteers are an essential part of our healthcare system. Their caring and generous spirits make a difference every day—one person at a time!
Whether you are a retiree wanting to give back to the community, or you just have a desire to help others, each volunteer provides services that enhance the patient and family experience.
We ask that volunteers be willing to commit to serve a minimum of 4 ½ hours per month for a minimum of 6 months, or 100 hours per year. Hours and days are flexible to fit your lifestyle and training is provided. Please be advised that joining the Auxiliary will limit you from gaining employment.
There are many needs throughout our hospital where volunteers can provide service to make a difference. Each volunteer position will have the task of greeting guests and patients as they enter the specific area, as well as the duties described below for each position. Our goal is to find the perfect fit — matching your interest with a need of ours.
- Information Desk — Provides information and direction to guests, if patients are checking in for a procedure, the volunteer can assure that the check in process goes smoothly on the kiosk.
- Gift Shop — Provide sales service to customers of the Gift Shop.
- Surgery Waiting — Provide needed information as well as explaining to guests the information on the changing updates on the screen.
- Family Waiting — Ensure that visitors of patients sign in on the designated sheet prior to visiting and after guests have signed in, assist them to the rooms through the “badge access” door to PCU/ICU.
Volunteer opportunities at our cancer center
- Front Desk Support — Provide assistance with the patient check in process by distributing medical bands to the patients when directed by the receptionist, and at designated time, will assist with transporting patients to the appropriate clinical station.
- Clinical Support — While patients are receiving treatment, they often have different needs, such as a snack, beverage, or even a blanket. A nurse will notify you when your assistance is needed. After a patient receives treatment, the volunteer will assist with transporting the patient back to the lobby. This position will be primarily stationed in the chemotherapy area but would move between the front reception area as well as to other areas, as needed.
Apply to be a volunteer
The first step to becoming a volunteer at Memorial Health Meadows Hospital is to submit an application. You can obtain an application by contacting our Human Resources department at (912) 535-5891.