Back on Track Program
Lost your focus? Hit a plateau? Regained some weight? This class is for you.
Designed by Bariatric Support Centers International (BSCI), the Back On Track Program provides education and motivation to help you reach and maintain your weight-loss goals. This program is open to anybody who has had weight-loss surgery, regardless of where the surgery was performed. The class includes:
- Three-month membership in BSCI
- Six weekly classes
- Booklets covering a variety of topics, including Goal-Getting, Exchanging Habits, Strength-N-Sculpt, Kick Start, Maintenance Mentality, Progress Tracker, and Assignment Guide
- Face-to-face meetings with a bariatric counselor
- Accountability assignments
Success Habits Workshops
Congratulations on choosing a healthier you. Weight-loss surgery, combined with the Success Habits™ principles, will help you reach and maintain your goal weight.
Register today for a one-day Success Habits workshop. You will learn about the principles of weight loss and how to incorporate healthy habits into your own lifestyle. Meet other weight-loss surgery patients, enjoy bariatric-friendly refreshments, and win door prizes.
2018 Workshop Dates
Workshops will be held from 9:30am to 2:00pm on the following dates:
- April 21
- May 5
- May 19
- June 9
- June 23
- July 14
- August 4
- August 18
- September 8
- September 22
- October 13
- November 3
- November 17
- December 8
1100 Eisenhower Dr
Savannah, GA 31406
Call (912) 350-DIET (3438) to register.
Support Group Meetings
Weight-loss surgery patients are invited to our monthly support group meetings. They are held the first Wednesday of each month from 6:00pm to 7:00pm at Memorial Health GenerationOne, 1100 Eisenhower Dr, in the Eisenhower Square shopping center.
Your New Weigh to Live
Losing weight is challenging, no matter the number on the scale. When you have a significant amount of weight to lose, the task can seem overwhelming.
Your New Weigh to Live is the first step to a healthier you. Using one-on-one, in-person or virtual consultations with a registered dietitian, educational classes, and regular weigh-ins, the program helps participants learn how to make healthier choices in every area of their lives.
Participants benefit from sharing their weight-loss journey with others and receiving support and encouragement from peers and professionals.
Who is eligible for the program?
Your New Weigh to Live is designed for:
- Those who qualify for bariatric surgery but want to try an intensive weight-loss program first.
- Those who do not qualify for bariatric surgery but have significant weight to lose.
- Bariatric post-surgery patients who want to get back on track with their weight loss. Patients who have had bariatric surgery do not pay the program fee. Instead, they pay the regular post-op additional visit fee of $30 per visit. They have access to the recorded classes and all program resources.
What is included in the program?
- An initial, in-person orientation with the dietitian. This includes: your metabolic calculations, initial meal plans, meal replacement samples, your individual program goals, and a referral to a medically supervised fitness program.
- 14 educational classes that you can view at home or in person at Memorial Health University Medical Center. The 90-minute classes are:
- Week 1: Understanding Your New Weigh to Live
- Week 2: Knowing the Nutrients/Label Reading
- Week 3: Menu and Meal Planning
- Week 4: Smart Shopping (Pantry Renovation, Cooperative Convenience Foods, Juicing and Smoothies)
- Week 5: Self-monitoring and Tracking
- Week 6: Stress Management
- Week 7: Taming Your Triggers With Mindfulness
- Week 8: Making Peace With Food and Feeding All Your Senses
- Week 9: Plateaus and Relapse Prevention
- Week 10: Making the Most of Your Metabolism (The Value of Adding Exercise)
- Week 11: Making Goals Our Habits
- Week 12: Balancing Your Life/Learning to Cope
- Week 13: Bariatric Cooking 101 with Cooking Demonstrations
- Week 14: Planning for Long-term Success
- Biweekly weigh-ins and Q&A with the dietitian
- Unlimited access to the dietitian for support, via phone and email
- Bimonthly fitness follow-ups
- Individual appointments, as needed
- Monthly newsletters and recipe challenges
- Opportunities to win prizes
How much does it cost?
Participants may choose from two program options:
14-week Comprehensive Package | $650 (a payment plan is available for this package)
This option includes all of the features above, including the 14 educational classes.
Customizable Package | $100, plus $55 per class, as requested
This package includes all of the program features with the option to customize the educational classes based on your particular needs or interests. Classes are $55 each and may be viewed from home or in person at Memorial Health University Medical Center. The customizable package includes one-on-one consultations with the dietitian and other providers.
How do I sign up?
You must be referred by a physician and medically cleared to participate in Your New Weigh to Live. Ask your physician for a referral.
Memorial University Surgeons Building, First Floor
4700 Waters Ave
Savannah, GA 31404
To learn more, call (912) 350-3438 or (800) 836-8991.