Ask your physician to refer you to Memorial Minimally Invasive Surgery. Call (912) 350-9672 for more information.
Thanks to minimally invasive surgery (MIS), skilled surgeons can perform major, life-changing operations with tiny incisions (often smaller than 1 inch).
Benefits of MIS
Because minimally invasive surgery (MIS) requires smaller incisions, patients typically recover faster. Benefits of MIS include:
- Less pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less impact on the immune system
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Significantly smaller incisions that require fewer stitches
- Lower chance of infection and wound complications
- Faster return to work and normal activities
- Covered by most insurance providers, just as traditional surgery is covered
Why Choose Us?
There are significant risks and benefits involved in every surgical procedure. It’s important to understand all of your options and choose a surgeon and surgery center that will fully meet your needs. Here are just a few reasons to choose Memorial Health Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- We are part of the award-winning Memorial Health University Medical Center. That means we have more doctors, more specialists, and more advanced services available 24 hours a day.
- We follow proven, evidence-based guidelines that lead to the best possible outcomes. We regularly compare our outcomes to national data to ensure that we are providing the highest level of care.
- We provide patient and family centered care that emphasizes respect and encourages patients to be actively involved in their own care.
- We are committed to research and testing new techniques to establish the very best treatments.
- Our expert team of surgeons is trained in the very latest minimally invasive procedures.
Memorial Health Minimally Invasive Surgery provides consultation, evaluation, treatment, and second opinion services for the following conditions.
- Gallstones and common bile duct stones
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)/severe heartburn
- Swallowing disorders (including achalasia) and esophageal disorders
- Hernias of all types, including hiatal hernia
- Disorders of the spleen and adrenal gland
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Diverticular/colon and rectal disease
The surgeons at Memorial Health University Medical Center continue to expand the list of procedures performed with a minimally invasive approach. We currently offer the following procedures:
- Gallbladder removal (laparoscopic cholecystectomy)
- Hernia treatment including hiatal hernia
- Anti-reflux or heartburn surgery (laparoscopic reflux Nissen fundoplication)
- Spleen removal (laparoscopic splenectomy)
- Adrenal gland/stress gland removal (laparoscopic adrenalectomy)
- Colon surgery
- Stomach procedures, including bariatric (weight loss) surgery
We also offer robotic surgery with the state-of-the-art da Vinci Si Surgical System. The da Vinci is typically used to perform gynecologic, urologic, and prostate procedures.