The Teens and Tots program at Memorial Health University Medical Center provides complete, family-centered healthcare for pregnant teens. Both mother and baby receive supportive care before, during, and after birth. Teens and Tots also teaches young mothers how to care for their newborns and answers any questions they may have. The program is for teenage mothers with babies up to age 3.
The Teens and Tots clinic provides a full range of supportive services to help ensure positive outcomes for mother and baby. The Teens and Tots team includes our adolescent medicine specialist, family medicine physicians, pediatricians, case managers, lactation specialists, nurses, child life specialists, and optional in-home guidance from Savannah Perinatal Initiative. Teens and Tots is a partnership among the Memorial Health Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children's Hospital of Savannah, Family Medicine Center, the Coastal Health District, Savannah Perinatal Initiative, and the March of Dimes.
To schedule an appointment with Teens and Tots, call (912) 350-8404.
Welcome to Your Medical Home
Welcome to your new home for complete, family-centered healthcare for you and your child up to age 3. This is a comfortable place for you to get the care you need, ask questions, and learn how to best care for your baby. Here are a few things you should know:
Before your first appointment:
- To schedule your first appointment, call (912) 350-8404.
- You will see several different healthcare providers so your appointment will take one hour
- If you can’t keep your appointment, please call us at least 24 hours in advance to reschedule.
- Bring all medical records for you and your baby to your appointment.
- Please be on time for your appointment. If you need transportation, please let us know when making the appointment.
- We accept Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids, and most private insurance plans.
Your First Appointment
For your first appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early and bring the following:
- Mother’s and baby’s medical records
- Insurance cards (we accept Medicaid and most private insurance companies)
Reminders for current Teens and Tots patients:
- All pregnancy and primary care is provided at the Teens and Tots clinic.
- After the birth of your baby, the Teens and Tots clinic will continue to provide primary care for mothers and babies at the MHUP — Family Medicine Center.
- For sick visits for mom and baby, call the Family Medicine Center at (912) 350-8404
After your appointment:
- All of your prenatal care and care for your baby will be provided at the Family Medicine Center.
- If you or your baby get sick, call (912) 350-8404 to make an appointment at the Family Medicine Center. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday, 8:15am to 5:00pm, and Friday, 9:15 to 11:30am.
- If you or your baby visit the hospital emergency department, please make a follow- up appointment with us as soon as possible.
Your Care Team
At the Teens & Tots Clinic, the care team includes:
- Case managers
- A child life specialist
- Family medicine physicians
- Health department coordinators
- A lactation consultant