Breast health center in Savannah, Georgia
The breast imaging center at Memorial Health is a comprehensive facility that promotes overall breast health, with cancer screening and detection. Our breast specialists know that early detection is crucial and annual mammograms are a valuable resource for women to maintain their breast health.
To learn more about our breast health services, please contact our breast imaging center at (912) 350-7465.
Breast imaging and diagnostics
Our hospital offers multiple breast imaging options to screen for cancer and gain an early diagnosis, if cancer is detected. We offer the following breast imaging services:
- 3D mammography (screening and diagnostic)
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Breast ultrasound
If an abnormality is found during a screening exam, we will perform diagnostic tests to determine if breast cancer is present. Our diagnostic services include:
- MRI-guided breast biopsy
- Stereotactic needle breast biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided needle breast biopsy
Breast screening guidelines
If you are not considered high risk for developing breast cancer, we recommend the following screening guidelines:
- Beginning at 40 years old, women should have a screening mammogram and clinical breast exam every year for as long as they remain in good health.
- Women in their 20s and 30s should have a clinical breast exam every three years.
- Women should conduct monthly breast self-exams beginning in their 20s.
If you think you may be at a higher risk for developing breast cancer, our Early Action Cancer Screening program can help you manage your risk factors. For more information about our program, please call (912) 350-1537.
3D mammogram screening services
We are proud to use 3D mammography for early detection and in the fight against breast cancer. 3D mammography shows more detail and can detect tumors at earlier stages than previous forms of mammography equipment.
This type of mammogram uses 3D technology to capture images in slices that your doctor can scroll through. By examining every layer, fine details are more visible and it is easier to recognize normal breast tissue. This cuts down on the need for additional testing, which reduces patient stress related to unnecessary call-backs and further testing.
To schedule a mammogram, please call (912) 350-PINK (7465).
Benefits of 3D mammograms
3D mammograms offer many benefits when compared to traditional 2D mammography, including:
- 40 percent increase in the detection of invasive cancers
- Clearer image quality
- Less radiation exposure
- Reduced risk for false positives and need for further testing
3D mammography is the recommended form of imaging for patients with:
- A breast cancer diagnosis or family history of cancer
- A history of repeat breast scan call-backs
- Dense breast tissue
- Past biopsies for suspicious masses or lesions
- Previous mammograms providing inconclusive results
Anyone is able to request a 3D mammogram. No physician referral is needed for a screening mammogram. Depending on an individual's insurance plan, additional fees may apply to 3D mammography.
Schedule your 3D mammogram
Breast health locations
Retrieving location data...