We understand how important it is for our patients to have their loved ones with them while they receive medical care. As we balance that need with the need to keep everyone safe, Memorial Health (Savannah, Georgia) will implement these changes to our visitation policy beginning Tuesday, August 10:
- Emergency room, Inpatient Units and Day Surgery patients may have one (1) designated visitor 18 years of age and older for the entire admission.** Visitors under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit at this time.
- Children’s Hospital, Women’s Services, and Neonatal ICU may have two (2) designated visitors. Both visitors may be with the patient at the same time.
- All adult visitors must present a valid photo ID at the main entrance of the hospital each time they visit.
- Our outpatient imaging and lab services will continue to allow one (1) visitor.
- Visiting hours will be 9am until 6pm.
- Wear a mask, wash your hands and practice social distancing while inside the facility.
- Visitors should wear masks at all times including in patient rooms.
** COVID-19 patients and suspected COVID-19 patients may not have visitors.
All visitors are required to wear masks. Guests should enter through the hospital’s main entrance and remain in the patient room or designated waiting area during their entire visit. If you are coming to the hospital with a surgical patient, please accompany your loved one and use the Day Surgery entrance.
We continue to recommend and encourage virtual communication with loved ones through the use of digital platforms and apps like FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, etc.