Family and friends
We understand this is a challenging and stressful time. When a patient is admitted to the hospital, we ask the patient or family member to identify one or two representatives who will be the patient’s support person(s) to receive information and updates about the patient’s condition. Each patient is assigned a Personal Identiﬁcation Number (PIN) to ensure privacy and to protect the patient and his or her information. The support person(s) will be issued a PIN number.
We ask the support person(s) to:
- Communicate updates to family and friends
- Make decisions and act on behalf of the patient
The support person(s) does not need to be a legal decision maker. However, if there is a dispute over this representation, legal documentation must be provided.
We understand how important it is for our patients to have their loved ones with them while they receive medical care. As we balance that need with the need to keep everyone safe, we will implement these changes to our visitation policy beginning Monday, January 3:
Visiting hours are 9:00am until 6:00pm.
- Emergency room, Inpatient Units and Day Surgery patients may have one (1) designated visitor 18 years of age and older for the entire admission.** Visitors under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit at this time.
- Children’s Hospital, Women’s Services, and Neonatal ICU may have two (2) designated visitors. Both visitors may be with the patient at the same time.
- Outpatient and Inpatient Behavioral Health Services are not allowing visitors at this time.
- All adult visitors must present a valid photo ID at the main entrance of the hospital each time they visit.
- Our outpatient imaging and lab services will continue to allow one (1) visitor.
- Visiting hours will be 9:00am until 6:00pm.
- Wear a mask, wash your hands and practice social distancing while inside the facility.
- Visitors should wear masks at all times including in patient rooms.
** COVID-19 patients and suspected COVID-19 patients may not have visitors.
All visitors are required to wear masks. Guests should enter through the hospital’s main entrance and remain in the patient room or designated waiting area during their entire visit. The Heart and Vascular entrance is only open Monday through Friday. If you are coming to the hospital with a surgical patient, please accompany your loved one and use the Day Surgery entrance.
We continue to recommend and encourage virtual communication with loved ones through the use of digital platforms and apps like FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, etc.
2:00pm- 4:00pm and 10:00pm - midnight
During these times, we encourage rest and quiet for all patients on the unit.