Children's hospital in Savannah, Georgia
Memorial Health Dwaine and Cynthia Willett Children's Hospital of Savannah is a specialized children’s hospital with an unwavering focus on patient care. We offer excellence in comprehensive pediatric services. Since 1992, we have been the only children’s hospital serving Southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. We have helped thousands of children from more than 100 counties.
We are here to provide the care and attention you and your child deserve, a responsibility our team takes seriously. Whether you need a great pediatrician, fast emergency care or the expertise of one of our specialists, we are here to make sure your child gets the care they need.
To learn more about our full spectrum of pediatric services, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (912) 350-9355.
Find a pediatric specialist
Our doctors are highly trained in providing care for pediatric patients in the following specialties:
Comprehensive children’s services
The doctors and nurses in our children's hospital work together to ensure the best possible outcome for every child in our care. Children at our hospital have access to a dedicated pediatric facility that includes:
- 82-bed, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) that provides critical care to newborns who are ill or premature
- Pediatric emergency room (ER) open 24/7 for patients 18 years old and younger
- Pediatric inpatient unit offering:
- A team of specially trained physicians, nurses and child life specialists
- Care for a range of conditions from stomach bugs to infections requiring intravenous (IV) antibiotics
- State-of-the-art care in a child-and-family-friendly environment
- Pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) providing close monitoring, advanced technology and expert physicians
- Pediatric specialty unit (PSU) offering:
- Care for children who need to stay in the hospital for cancer treatment
- Dedicated team of specially certified hematology and oncology physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and child life specialists
- Surgical recovery area
Pediatric specialty care
Our goal is to ensure your child receives the best possible treatment when their care is in our hands. At our hospital, children have access to:
- Pediatric cardiology—Our hospital is staffed by dedicated pediatric board-certified cardiologists. Our team’s goal is to ensure your little ones receive outstanding heart care.
- Pediatric emergency care—We provide quick, expert care for your child in the case of an emergency. Our facility offers full-service, 24/7 pediatric emergency care whenever you need it most.
- Pediatric endocrinology—Our pediatric endocrinologists diagnose, manage and treat problems related to the body’s major glands, including the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, pineal and reproductive glands.
- Pediatric imaging—Our children's hospital has a dedicated imaging suite where kids can receive X-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) conveniently in one location. We also provide pediatric sedation services for children in need of procedures that require them to remain still.
- Pediatric infectious disease—Our pediatric infectious disease specialist diagnoses, manages and treats infections in children, whether they are caused by bacteria, parasites, fungus or something unknown.
- Pediatric nephrology—Our nephrologists care for children with kidney conditions. We provide inpatient treatments as ordered by physicians and work with primary care doctors to coordinate patient care.
- Pediatric neurological care—The pediatric team includes board-certified neurologists and neurosurgeons who care for children experiencing conditions and diseases of the brain and/or nervous system.
- Pediatric oncology—Our pediatric oncology team is dedicated to providing diagnosis, treatment and compassionate care to children and their families in need of expert cancer care.
- Pediatric orthopedics—Bumps, bruises and falls are to be expected wtih any child. However, when advanced care is needed, we're here to help. Our pediatric orthopedics team treats a variety of conditions, such as acute trauma, spinal deformity and sports injuries.
- Pediatric rehabilitation—We provide physical therapy and rehabilitation services that meet the unique needs of children. We assist kids with a variety of conditions and challenges through speech language therapy, gait training and alternative communication practices.
- Pediatric surgery—Nothing is more important than choosing the right hospital when your child needs surgery. Our pediatric surgeons provide advanced treatment, including but not limited to conditions of the head, neck, abdomen, chest and soft tissues.
Child life services
Going to the hospital can sometimes be a scary experience for a child. It is full of strange sights, sounds, smells and unfamiliar people. To help ease the stress, we offer child life services for kids, teens and their families. The goal of the child life program is to provide a supportive environment where children can gain a better understanding of the hospital, surgery and medical treatments.
The child life specialists are trained to address the emotional needs of hospitalized children and adolescents. They use age-appropriate activities to create a comfortable environment where children can express their fears and concerns.
The child life team works alongside doctors, nurses, social workers and other members of the healthcare team to ensure that each child’s emotional, developmental and cultural needs are addressed. They create interventions and therapeutic play opportunities to promote healing, growth and coping.
Pediatric Multispecialty Clinic
In addition to our dedicated children's hospital, we also have a Pediatric Multispecialty Clinic located on the campus of Memorial Health. Kids may go to our clinic for a number of reasons, such as participating in our children's wellness program or neonatal development care. This is also where children with cancer and certain blood disorders may receive outpatient infusion treatments.
Visiting our Children’s Hospital
When arriving on campus, you will be directed to signs for our children’s hospital. Our children’s hospital is located on the second and third floors of Memorial Health's main building. Parking is located in Parking Garage A. Once you arrive at the main entrance, you will be guided to our children’s hospital.
Ronald McDonald House©
Savannah’s Ronald McDonald House© serves as a home-away-from-home for families of injured or sick children receiving treatment at the Memorial Health Dwaine and Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital. While staying at the Ronald McDonald House©, families benefit from lodging, private bathrooms, meals, snacks and laundry facilities.
Pediatrics at Memorial Health
Pediatrics is the medical care of children, this ranges from infants to adolescents. Pediatricians are specially trained to treat behavioral problems, mental health issues and diseases as they relate to children. Pediatric care includes well check-ups, vaccinations and much more.Learn about Pediatrics